Apple pay is the new and easy way of making money transactions using your Apple devices. The simple fact that you can send and receive money and also make secure purchases once you set up Apple pay is why Apple is considered the best device out there.
The cashless means of making money transactions lets you pay for groceries and more in stores. Apple pay stores are stores where you can use apple pay. As long as you see the apple pay logo then you are good to go. Here we will teach you how to set up apple pay by adding a card. Also, you will learn how to send, receive, cancel apple pay and more.
How to Setup Apple Pay
To setup your apple pay, you will need to add your credit or debit cards to your Apple device. It could be your iPhone or iPad or apple watch or mac. Ensure that your device is updated to the most recent iOS version and also that you are signed in to your iCloud account.
How to Setup Apple Pay On iPhones
- The first step to setup apple pay on your iPhone is to get to the apple wallet app.
- Tap on the + sign which is seen in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scan the card and follow the instructions of your bank.
- You might have to choose a card which is connected to either your iTunes or cards on other devices or recently removed cards. Choose and enter the security codes of the cards.
- Hit the next button. Here your card details will be verified by your bank.
- Hit next once this is done to start using apple pay.
How to Setup Apple Pay On iPad
- The first step is to get to the settings app on your iPad.
- Click on wallet & apple pay.
- Hit the add credit card or debit card column.
- Scan the credit or debit card and wait for bank instructions.
- You might need to choose a card connected to either iTunes or other devices or has been recently removed.
- Enter the security code of the card you selected.
- Hit the next icon which allows your bank to verify your card details.
- Once your card details have been verified hit the next button to start using Apple pay on your iPad.
How to Setup Apple Pay On Apple Watch
- Using the iPhone connected to your Apple watch, go to the My watch
- The next step is to hit the wallet and apple pay icon.
- Add your credit card by scanning it and waiting for the instructions of the bank.
- You might need to choose the card connected to either your iTunes or other Apple devices or recently removed. You will be asked for a security code. Enter the security code and hit next.
- Here your bank will attempt to verify your card information.
- Once your card information is verified hit next to start using apple pay on apple watch.
How to Setup Apple Pay On Mac without Touch ID
- Get hold of your Apple watch or iPhone device which is connected to apple pay.
- Next, go to the settings app on your device.
- Hit the wallet and apple pay section.
- Select allow payments on mac and turn it on.
How to Setup Apple Pay On MacBook Pro with Touch ID
- The first thing you need to do is go to the system preferences on your mac book pro.
- Select wallet and apple pay.
- Hit the add a card icon and scan your credit or debit card. Wait for the instruction of the bank.
- You can choose a card connected to your iTunes or other iPhone devices or was recently removed. Enter the security code of the card you selected.
- The next step is to be verified by your bank. Once this is done you can start using apple pay to make purchases and more.
After you have setup apple pay on your device, you will be able to make cashless transactions whenever. You can also make purchases on the web using safari, in stores and within apps.
How to Send and Receive Money Through Apple Pay
Sending and receiving money with your Apple devices has never been this fun when using Apple Pay. With iMessage, using Apple pay becomes easier because you can send receive and Also request for cash without leaving your home. At the point of writing this article, you have to be a resident in the United States.
You also need the latest version of the iOS for your iPhone device, that is, iOS 11.2 and later. For apple watch users, you need to have watchOS 4.2 and later. Apple uses a two-factor identification system for security purposes. To ensure that you use the same Apple ID for both your iCloud and iMessage. And lastly, you need to have enough cash on your apple pay cash card. Or the card which you added to your wallet.
How to Send Money Using Apple Pay In IMessage
For iPhone and iPad Users
if you want to use an iPhone or an iPad to send money to friends and loved ones and don’t know how don’t be alarmed. Here is a step by step guide on how to send money through iMessage.
- Get to the iMessage app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the chat of the person you want to send money to, hit the apple icon. It is seen beside the camera icon in the chat room. It looks just like an ‘A’.
- Then tap the pay icon with the apple logo just below step 2.
- An apple pay icon will pop out. Here you can select the amount you wish to send. Use + to increase the amount and – to reduce the amount.
- Once you are done hit pay It is seen just beside the request button.
- The next step is to review the details and be certain you entered the right amount. Do this by hitting the send icon.
- Scan your fingerprint or use face ID or a passcode to send.
For Apple Watch Users
- In an existing chat or a new chat, scroll down and hit the pay icon with the apple logo.
- To choose the amount you wish to send, use the watch crown.
- Once you have selected the amount hit pay. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to review payment details.
- To send the money hit twice on the button located on the side of your apple watch.
How to Choose Payment Methods When Using Apple Pay
- When you are trying to confirm the details of your card, click on the >
- Select the new credit card or debit card you will like to use to make payment or send money.
You should be aware of the fact that if you choose a credit card, there is a charge. A 3% of the amount you are using the credit card to pay will be charged. In addition, using a debit card or apple pay cash doesn’t come with a fee. Your payment can also be split if you don’t have enough balance on your apple pay cash. The rest of the balance will be deducted from your credit or debit card.
How to Request Money Using iPhone
- The first step is to go to chat of the contact you want to request money from.
- Hit the icon apple icon just beside the camera icon. Gently tap the apple pay icon.
- Select the amount you wish to request and gently tap the request icon.
- Once you are done, hit the send icon to send.
How to Request Money Using Apple Watch
Requesting money is as easy sending money through apple watch using apple pay. And Apple provides you with 2 easy means of requesting money.
- You can Siri to send a contact a payment request. To do this you just have to say something like “Ask Mike for $40 for shoes”.
- The second method of sending a payment request to your contact is through iMessage.
How to Cancel Apple Pay Payment
The only way to cancel money you sent to someone is if the person hasn’t accepted the payment. Here’s a detailed step by step guide to cancel payment which has not been accepted.
- Open iMessage on your device and head to payment. Or go to your transaction history and click on payment.
- Gently hit the payment you want to cancel to see its history. This allows you to view the status.
- If the contact hasn’t accepted the payment, select cancel payment.
After you have canceled a payment, your cash will be refunded to you with the next 24hrs. It all depends on the bank you use or the card issuer. The cancel payment option will only be visible if the contact hasn’t accepted the payment. You can ask the person to refund the money to get back your cash.